Friday, February 28, 2014

Oryx and Crake

I just finished the MaddAddam trilogy by Margaret Atwood. I've been a huge fan of dystopian stories since I was a kid, and this is one of the best I've read. There's essentially no visual imagery for it that I can find, which is super disappointing-- so I made some of my own. Atwood has such a rich creative vision in this story, filled with lots of wacky spliced animal hybrids and GMO creatures, I just need to see it visualized! The story takes place in a near-future world where a handful of giant, monolithic corporations have taken over society, and the environment has been decimated along with any sense of ethics. So... not that far from reality, really, which is why it's such an effective dystopia.

Also, here's a private commission I did recently of someone's Guild Wars characters. I thought I'd share, because I like how it turned out.

-Anna

2 comments:

  1. love your illustration of Jimmy, Crake, and Oryx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you be okay if I used your image of Crake for a school project? We are reading the novel now.

    ReplyDelete