Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pileated Woodpecker

Another illustration for the birding children's book story I'm doing for my portfolio. The pileated woodpecker is one of my favorite birds, mostly because it looks (and kind of sounds) like a dinosaur. In fact, right after finishing this piece I went outside and as soon as I stepped out the door I heard one calling. I grabbed my camera, but only got there in time to watch him fly away. Still pretty stunning!


Here's the first one in that series from a few weeks ago, the Common Yellowthroat.


Also, here's the first in a new series I'm doing for Young Adult Magazine. This series is called Dinner Parties, and it combines characters from various pop culture sources. This one features characters from three young adult novels. You can see it on the YAMag website here.


-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment