Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Colbert



Yesterday I got to go to a taping of The Colbert Report! I've been watching the show regularly since it started in 2005, and it was so surreal to actually get to see Stephen perform in person. My brother and I were lucky enough to be told to sit in the front row, which was crazy! I honestly don't think our seats could've been better. We were no more than 15 feet from the desk, and our view wasn't blocked by cameras. The thing that shocked us the most was the size of the studio. It's super small! On TV it looks so big, but it's not at all in reality. The image below is from the broadcast, and it really distorts the distance between the crowd and the desk (also, my brother and I are both in that image!). Anyway, it was an amazing experience. Stephen is incredibly hilarious and energetic. Even in the breaks between segments he was being silly. I'm still buzzing from the whole thing... yesterday after we left I felt like my body was filled with electricity! Now I just have to go see The Daily Show... :)


At the end of the show Stephen took a video of us on his iPhone (he needed his phone for the interview-- I'm assuming he normally doesn't have it on him during a taping). He couldn't figure out how to post it to Twitter, but told us he would do it. A few days went by and I was worried he'd forgotten, but today he posted it! Yay!


-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment