Sunday, April 1, 2012

ABC Thumbnails

Thumbnail sketches of the four finished illustrations for the ABC assignment... I'm doing scenes from four of the novels that I sketched characters for. You probably can't tell what's going on in them, but I can!! Muahahaa


And here's a quick color comp I did for the Sherlock Holmes piece. Composition still isn't great (and what's with the chairs that look like Valentine's Day heart candies?....) but this was mostly for color.


And here's a second one I tried with a slightly different composition. I thought maybe it would be good to show Holmes' really recognizable deerstalker hat and pipe in the foreground.


And here's another idea for a Sherlock Holmes piece. I think I'm gonna go with this one. Yes, I realize that there is not actually a tree under Big Ben. MEH.


-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment