Saturday, October 15, 2011

Workshop and Artemis

The past few days I've been in a scriptwriting workshop with Rob Edwards, who wrote Treasure Planet and The Princess and the Frog. It was a really cool experience. I was already pretty familiar with the 3 Act story arc formula, but he went into it in great detail. The whole workshop was really one-on-one too, with only a handful of people there, so we got to ask lots of questions and get lots of specific feedback. I will definitely use what I learned to tighten up my own stories. Plus, it was cool to hear him talk about working with the guys from Disney and Pixar. And his imitation of Randy Newman... pretty funny.

For Concepts, we have to do 5 character designs for a Greek God/Goddess. I picked Artemis! She's the "Lady of Wild Things, Hunsman-in-chief to the Gods", and if you've been reading this blog for any amount of time you know I like strong female characters. She also had a lot to do with the moon, and really liked deer and cyprus trees. And, she's SUPER fun to design!! Here are the character designs I did for her:




Loved this assignment! Next we're going to put her in a background, which should be fun. She's so gonna be riding a deer :)

And here's the finished poster for Carolina Crown! It's their Facebook photo!! Super exciting! (I didn't do the text, they did. Just felt like I should make that clear, hahaha)
-Anna

2 comments:

  1. I love the middle one-beautiful flow of lines. is it made on paper or wacom?

    ReplyDelete